Unfortunately, in the last couple of days I’ve realized that my nightmare is a reality. Game 6 will continue to haunt me the rest of my life I’m afraid. Rangers will be good again in ’12 but they have to take that final step.
Because of the debacle that was Game 6, I’m going to focus on all of the FA and possible destinations for 2012.
So let’s get started:
- C.J. Wilson – Garbage postseason, but still the biggest SP on the free agent market. Possibilities – NYY, Rangers, Nationals. Prediction: He’ll get overpaid and sign with the New York Yankees.
- Albert Pujols: Wow, can’t say enough about this guy and his talent. Probably the best first baseman of all time. After the Cardinals won the World Series, I can’t see them letting him walk. Possibilities – Cardinals, Cubs, Rangers, Mets, Angels. Prediction: He’ll resign with the Cardinals. And rightfully so.
- Prince Fielder: He really likes Milwaukee, but I’m not sure that they’ll have the cash to give him his mega contract he and his agent Scott Boras are looking for. His value will go down because the BoSox and Yankees will not be bidding for him. Lot’s of possibilities, but most probable are – Cubs, Rangers, Mets, Brewers. Prediction: I’m going to say he’ll stay in the NL Central and sign with the Cubs. Though the Rangers have a very good shot at signing him.
- Jose Reyes – This is going to be a fun one. His status is completely up in the air right now. So many teams could make a push for him. I’ll spare you the information I’ve looked up and tell you the biggest possibilities. Possibilities – Mets, Nationals, Red Sox. Prediction: Even though Boston exercised the option on Marco Scutaro, you will be seeing Jose Reyes in a Red Sox uniform next year.
- C.C. Sabathia – The Rangers are going to go after him, just to see him sign with New York. Really the only of place he could end up is Texas. Possibilities – Texas and New York. Prediction: 99.9% sure he’ll be in pinstripes next year.
Now unfortuenately this list shows the Rangers losing out on all of these players. But, that’s okay, considering we should have won with the lineup that we currently have. But I’ll list two offseason FA’s that I think will sign with Texas:
Yu Darvish – Always risky taking a Japanese pitcher (Akinori Otsuka anyone?) But, Darvish seems to have a lot of upside and is only 25 years old.
Michael Cuddyer – I think this could be a good pickup for the Rangers. Coming off his best season as a professional, he brings a lot to a Rangers lineup that is already loaded with power. Add one more power bat like this and you could easily be looking at another 94-96 win season.
I’ll post some more Free Agents in a couple of days. My insomnia is wearing off so it’s time for bed. Hopefully my dreams aren’t filled with that “great” jump Nelson Cruz got on David Freese’s fly ball.